In line with its mission to promote research, teaching and professional work in natural language processing and computational linguistics, GSCL bi-annually awards two prizes worth € 400 each for the best student undergraduate thesis and for the best master’s thesis.
- Eligible theses for this year’s award are ones submitted between April 2021 and March 2023.
- Theses from all German-speaking countries will be considered (Austria, Germany and Switzerland) as well as from any other country, as long as the topic is focused on the German language.
- The current selection round takes place in the summer of 2023, with the final selection to be made as part of the KONVENS conference in Ingolstadt (September 18-22, 2023).
- Candidates for the awards can be put forward by thesis supervisors.
- Nominations must be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org later than June 15, 2023.
For more information on how to apply please visit https://gscl.org/en/activities/studentaward.